Thursday, August 14, 2014

August on Overload


I don't know about you, but these last few weeks before the kids go back to school have felt like they are on overdrive.   We were enjoying a pretty relaxing summer, when boom overnight we had a very full schedule.  We have already had in the last week or so, a doctors appointment, two dentist  appointments, and shopping for some school  clothes and  supplies. Upcoming in the next two weeks there are three separate registration days, an orthodontist appointment,, dance open house, another dentist appointment, and a Senior photo session.   There is literally something going on almost every single day for the rest of the month. 

Luckily we do not need much in school supplies now that they are in older grades, mostly just binders, notebooks, pencils and pens.   All three of my kids still have backpacks that are in good shape.  Kara ended up with a bonus backpack, because she really thought her backpack from last school year had a rip in it.  I knew that she always carried a lot in it, and it was very heavy, so I thought maybe she was right.  Luckily the backpack she wanted was on sale, and had an additional Cartwheel discount.  Once we got home, I checked her old backpack.  It turns out she was half right.  Her backpack was ripped, but it was the one from the year before last.   There is a backpack that Kyle really likes as well. If I find it on clearance in the next few weeks, I will pick it up for later.    

The kids also do not need a lot in the way of school clothes.  They still have a lot of clothes that fit.  I did pick up a few new things, but not much.   




Today ended up being a good day. I got to spend it one on one with my oldest daughter who needed an outfit for her Senior pictures.  We spent some time at the mall, and had sushi for lunch. We both love sushi, and don't get to eat it very often.  We found an outfit at Forever 21 that we both really liked.  Now that we know what she is going to wear, we need to figure out the hair.  She is looking forward to getting a haircut after letting her hair grow out all summer. I can't wait to see how it turns out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment